Thursday, November 13, 2008

such special times

From October to April last year and this I posted on Patientslikeme.com hourly or daily, whichever came first, but in that span of time little did I know the friendships that were to be formed for me. I watched these ladies from a far and read everything they posted and admired them so. Following those days so many things came into play....the Unity Walk, Nicole had Dbs, and I found out what great poetry and writings Marian and Karen could produce. I met Marla at the Unity Walk as well as Tom and Dixie and the rest is history. We are watched from afar and I'm sure one would wonder at what an odd combination we make but our feelings run very deep and we are very protective of each other....A closer bond I have never felt with anyone and take that and multiply once again for each of them. I flew out to meet Nicole , Karen and Marian in October and each meeting was as before....as if we had always know each other. The coffee cup , above, was a symbol of such a playful time in our history. We use to hang out on Chatzy in the early morning and pretend we were in a coffee shop for morning coffee...hence "Coffee With Pokie". Karen sent us all a cup that to this day sits next to my computer. We would all get signed in and get our drinks and raise our cups in unison to start our day. I miss those days but I understand their passing. We were kids at play then. Skipping down the lane taking each day at a time and holding each others hand. Then all of a sudden Truth stepped into our little fun house and nothing has been the same except our undying love for each other. Karen's diagnoses of MSA and the sudden noticing of our friendships brought the world and all it's horrible things to that coffee shop and it slowly faded away. God says you should not put great stock in your possessions but that coffee cup could just as well have been made of gold. Inside it says"It's your Day"..... This morning I raise my cup once more to you girls...the members of the coffee club..Here's to you "It's Your Day"....love pokie

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so sweet...the bond we all share is unbreakable! We are joined at the hip forever! I Love ya all!! I would be lost without our little group that we are!! Hugs!!

Unknown said...

Pokie,
You are having such an amazing time, and it sounds like you are making the most of each minute. I am so glad you have a place like this to write about it and can go back from time to time. You go girl. Live each day to the fullest. Sass

Unknown said...

Pokie,
You are having such an amazing time, and it sounds like you are making each minute count. I am so glad you will have a reminder by your writng here. Enjoy and savor as I know you will. Keep on keeping on. Sass

Anonymous said...

Pokie,
You are on such an amazing ride, enjoy every minute. I am so glad you will have this place to go to when you need a pick me up and reminder. Keep on keeping on. I hope you get fantastic anssers from the clinic. Sass

Anonymous said...

WHAT A GREAT COLUMN,You are so right-I love you all and you are friends for life
HUGS and kisses to all Nicole

pokie too said...

Thank you girls, one and all I can not do this without you and cherish the minutes I met you. Christmas comes everyday when memories you have given me appear in my head..love pokie

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger