Wednesday, November 5, 2008

'TOGETHER IN STRENGTH, FORWARD IN HOPE"

It's a new day in the neighborhood and I sure hope our day is here to shine . Parkinsons Disease needs all the help we can get to find this cure and save my grandkids from this disease. My family has that dominate gene. My grandmother has Alzheimers on my Dads side as well as my grandfather on my mothers side. My grandfathers brother had Eplipsy and my dad had Myacinia Gravis. My mom now has Alzheimers and I have Parkinsons. We have four generations living now and you would think someone would want to study our family history with atleast blood work. Ah but alas, time moves on and no one appears to be interested. I leave Tuesday for the Parkinson's Clinic of the Ozarks in Springfield, Missouri for a full day of testing and hope to end the day with alot of answers. I have been making a list of questions not only for me but one of my friends, Karen, who seems to present alot like me.....so possibly she doesn't have MSA or I do? I am rapidly losing all faith in the medical community to diagnose us "Parkies" and effectively treat us. So much of our ground work has to be done by us and I worry when I can no longer research who will. Oh, well that is another time and another place and I try to stay in the present. God please bless Karen and I and all our friends and help us to remember "TOGETHER IN STRENGTH, FORWARD IN HOPE"

2 comments:

Marian said...

I know you're on your way, Pokie, I just wanted to wish you godspeed and tell you that I'm crossing my fingers and toes for you. Please let us know what all they had to tell you. We "Parkie Munchkins" love you!

Anonymous said...

Pokie you are too sweet I am so excited for you and all you are experiencing!!! Love ya!!B'nana

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger