Thursday, December 2, 2010

Continuing Success

The "Wow Days" just keep on coming. I am just totally blessed and ever thankful to My Maker for his trust in my abilities and persistence in leading me on to higher ground. Just when I think I can not possibly climb one more mountain successfully, the challenge is made and I succeed. I have battled walking for over ten years, and was continually told surgery was just to risky and why would I go through it anyway because people with Parkinson's don't heal well, people with Epilepsy seize under surgery and pass on and besides that your going to be in a wheel chair anyway......Well, bull. November 19th surgery to replace my right hip after having both knees replaced five years ago and today, not two weeks later I have 21 staples removed and am walking beautifully with a cane. I have already walked one half mile at the gym yesterday and the incision has no drainage or swelling and is completely closed. Yes, I have goals and high ones and I am bull headed but it can be done and I am and will continue to be living proof you can live with PD with Quality of Life.....IF YOU FIGHT AND FIGHT HARD. I am by no means doing this on my own. My Lord and Savior has been prodding me like an old mule for quite some time. My friends from everywhere have called daily and kept me continually in their prayers and my doctors.......THE BEST. Barnes Jewish in St. Louis, Missouri, Dr. Nunley and his staff, Dr. Max Benzequen and staff, home care and physical therapy have all given me a new life to say the least and I have no idea of throwing it away.....So many new opportunities have opened up just this week that every day from now on will be jam packed with service to My Almighty but pursuit of a cure and help for chronically ill patients everywhere also. Thank you again everyone. Love Pokie

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger