Saturday, November 27, 2010

Let The Game Begin

"Send me in Coach, I'm ready to play....November 19th I entered Barnes Jewish Hospital in St Louis, Missouri for a total right hip replacement. I had weighed this in my mind since 2006 when I had my second hip replaced and was diagnosed with Parkinson's after a very slow recovery and many malfunctions, but as the pain increased weekly and my quality of life dropped to zero, I went for it. I cannot put all the decision in my hands though. In late July I was working on my bucket list so I could check out in style, feeling God would surely only put me through this, at most two more years. Nope, along came a friend who PUSHED me to fix myself as best I could...Exercise and don't give up because there are a lot of people who still love you......including your Lord and it's time to accept the next challenge. As I said that day I was in surgery by 8:00AM and out by 11:00AM and home by 6:00PM the next day with very little pain and have walked since...much to my amazement. Thanksgiving was just unbelievable this year......to say the least. My doctors and nurses were great as were all the people praying for my recovery and my friend and family by my heart and side always and then My Lord,who made fear something not considered and strength and faith, the strongest ever. I am sure I am once again on another mission. Look out chronic diseases with never ending pain, I am being put back in the game so LET THE GAMES BEGIN. love Pokie

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger