Friday, December 17, 2010

Happy Holidays.....

Here we are, so few days left til Christmas and, probably, so much to do. The weather in Illinois is not co-operating in any way for someone with a new hip. The nineteenth of November I had my right hip replaced at Barnes Jewish Hospital in St.Louis by Dr. Nunley and his staff and I can only give them all of my thanks and love for a excellent job done. I was out of the hospital in one day and have never looked back. God has given me a new chance to see His world and do His work and I SHALL DO BOTH. Exercise and healthy food and loyal support has brought me this far and I look forward to the future, MY FUTURE, as I have not looked forward for years. I would be lying if I told you I have no pain, but it is in different places and for different reasons. I now exercise at least an hour a day and though I have never been high on exercise, I can see and feel it's results. I now have one very strong leg and one with PD.....two arms with very little strength in either and a back that could go at any time. With PD, arthritis and epilepsy, this could be screaming"Go to bed and stay there." I refuse and so does someone who loves me very much. I want so to walk upright and shine in his and God's light. The main pain now is upper body and so stretching and arm pulls are ever so important and THEY HURT doing and after but some day they will no longer hurt and a I will be stronger...I would love to do what "Ellen" does when she sits down. She holds herself up by her arms for just a moment. Now granted, she is much smaller than me but, this is my goal and I am keeping it. In the middle of all this jabber, I would really like to wish yo one and all the happiest of Holiday Seasons and hope you all know I believe in your ability to fly no matter what chronic disorder you own and try to live with. Peace and Patience, my friend.....and Hope for the New Year. Love Pokie

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger