Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Happy Purple Day

As most everyone that reads the things a write knows, I am a very proud grandmother of six. One I lost to Sids many years ago which left five to frolic and play at the farm in the summer and weekends. Maybe because of Kane and the Sids or maybe because of me and Epilepsy and Parkinson's, I spend a huge amount of time watching how they respond to different things around them. Even before they were born I was a storehouse of questions on movements, hiccups, kicking. I'm always looking for something I never want to see. I'm always studying my diseases and friends are always sending me articles on the subjects to keep me well informed for my blog writing. This is how I met Cassidy Megan who founded Purple Day for Epilepsy which gives everyone one day in the year to put on your purple and educate and be educated about Epilepsy. My favorite is young children, third or fourth grade. Epilepsy at any stage is extremely scary. You never know when a seizure is coming and when one comes you usually loose body functions which is totally embarrassing for young and old. but i think worse for the young because the young are so hard on each other and put up almost impossible hurdles for others to conquer in order to survive in their group. If your young and your worried , you have seizures and your different , then you stand out.....considered not good among children. On Purple Day Cassidy is a PEER factor instead of a FEAR factor. They become more educated and more tolerant...The myths are dispelled and the student with Epilepsy is given a chance to be seen in a normal light. March is Epilepsy month and somewhere in that month will be PURPLE DAY 2011, but don't wait. Plan a Purple Day and raise funds for research. Do something to help and include that child with Epilepsy in....It will make you smile inside. love ya Pokie

1 comment:

Steve Rains said...

Greetings,

I am writing to follow-up regarding the survey about your blog that you
completed approximately six weeks ago. That survey was the first of two
surveys. I am writing about the second and final survey.

I greatly appreciate your participation in the initial survey, and hope that you
will participate in the second (and final) survey. The second survey is shorter
and should take between 10 and 15 minutes to complete. At the end of the survey
we explain in detail the goals of the project. The second survey can be found

at the following link: http://www.surveygizmo.com/s/324062/bloggingii

If you have any questions about the second survey or the project more generally,
please let me know.

Thanks for your consideration.

Steve Rains

--
Steve Rains, Assistant Professor
Department of Communication
University of Arizona
srains@email.arizona.edu

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger