Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Off Days, or Just Between........

Does everyone have days like this or just people with Parkinson's? You sit in the chair believing that you will get up and do something constructive and yet you stare mindlessly at the television and hear not a word that it is trying to tell you. Huh? seems to be the word for the day as everything anyone tells you has to be repeated. Every time you sit down you nod out. I wonder if I am physically tired or mentally tired or both or bored.....Please not the dreaded bored....I fight boredom more than anything else simply because one of my college professors told me that only the stupid should ever have any reason to be bored. So with that thought firmly implanted in my brain, it has been my life's journey never to be or appear bored for fear of someone calling me stupid. Why do we torture ourselves so? I really have no idea but it is a hard habit to break this believing every word the general public tells you is the gospel truth. So often it is far from the truth. When you have Parkinson's, it is not long before questions start forming in the back of your mind about your medications and just your general care which leads to a huge amount of daily research and reading. While doing all of this, I have to constantly try to be objective and not gullible. It's a great blessing that these days never last more than a day and are usually preempted by extreme fatigue so if I do not fight it and curl up and sleep all day...I am cured. My guess God has a duel purpose for sending these days our way....rest for one but more important to clear the cobwebs out of the attic and clean up a little up there. I am sure a clean attic will bring on clearer thoughts and thoughts of value to others and not just me....So with that I will sleep well tonight and be up early tomorrow for Coffee With Me....love Pokie

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger