Friday, January 22, 2010

Conquering My World

When all things seem to be sliding down hill or "Going South" as someone said recently on the site, I begin to get very depressed which is very much not like me.  An unusual number of my friends are taking a turn for the worse this winter, The Winter From Hell. and yet I have made some amazing friends to spur me on. one wrote last week on his blog,"Weakness is not an attractive word.  but there can be depth in the damaged soul, breadth in the battered body, and toughness in the tested and troubled mind." Isn.t that beautiful?  R. Kuhn wrote this in one of his recent articles in his blog Positive Parkinson's  and today that was just what I needed to hear.


For days the mountains in front of me have been getting higher and higher.  I am taking new seizure meds that are just kicking ***.I have to take it or seize and when I take it I get light headed and head for my ever faithful recliner where yesterday I spent the whole day out like a light.  This would be fine if I lived by myself but I am suppose to be taking care of myself and my mom who is 84.  No way...There was plenty of food stocked up in the refrigerator and the television was on a good channel with lots of news, so I am sure she wandered in and out all day questioning wither I was among the living or dead and still was not sure when she heard me snore. I woke up late yesterday with my cat laying on my chest with his arms around my neck licking my chin. I guess I had scared him to death and he sure did me no good either.  So now I realize I have a Seizure Cat Buggar. Is this possible?  Could be.  I know he never leaves my side.

Number two on my list for weeks has been my printer.  It seems like everything else around here,seems to have decided that in order to survive one must do what you can when you can.  My printer has decided to do nothing when I want it to and yet when I dose off it prints something I don't want. So as of today it is history. I will now take pictures with my camera and download them straight to my laptop. Little did it know who it was dealing with.  I'll just unplug it and let it pout in the corner while I carry on.

I really don't have it so bad but some days I sure tell myself I do. and then like the printer I need time out to get things straightened out.  My weaknesses or not as bad as I think nor or my bones broken.  I have a multitude of friends who keep me smiling at all times I could be worse,"I'm in time out and what inning did you say it was?"    Love ya Pokie

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger