Friday, January 2, 2009

THE GOAT LADY

This time of year I am constantly searching: searching for my glasses, notes I wrote on the back of an envelope, numbers I just knew I could remember and faces that drift in and out of my memory. I have to have my house in order, so to say, when the snow really starts to fly. I remind myself of a wild animal in that respect...always stocking in for the unexpected. The unexpected has never been to far away from me, yet in the very worst of times I have always been protected....I think this poem might describe why....
Learn to Recognize a Blessing While it's very difficult for mankind to understand GODS INTENTIONS AND HIS PURPOSE, and the WORKINGS OF HIS HAND. if we observe the miracles that happen every day, We cannot help but be convince that in HIS WONDROUS WAY GOD makes what seemed unbearable and painful and distressing Easily acceptable when we view it as a blessing...
by Helen Steiner Rice
Were it not for this obsession I have to clean and organize, this little, very important book, would have been forgotten in my over stuffed mind. THE GOAT LADY by Jane Bregoli. This is a quote
"Many years ago I became ill with arthritis," she said quietly. My bones ached so much that I could hardly walk. I had to quit my job. There was no medicine to help me, but the doctor suggested i try drinking goat's milk. So I bought my first goat and called her Girl. I could barely walk to the barn. My hands hurt so much when i tried to milk her that I cried. Girl turned around and licked the tears off my face because she knew I was suffering."
the story is short but what a dedication to Noelie Lemire Houle, who was born in 1899 in Quebec, Canada
Noelie gave her extra goat kids to the Heifer Project International, a non profit organization. Since 1944 the Heifer Project has helped More than 5 million families in approximately 125 countries move toward self reliance through the gift of livestock and training. You can learn more about their work at www.heifer.org.
EVERYDAY IS SUCH A BLESSING TO ME.......THANK YOU...pokie

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger