Sunday, December 28, 2008

Hello Monday and a New Year

I have been around reading all the wonderful things that are being written by People with varying degrees of Parkinson's, just jumping from blog to blog and I am so proud and amazed at the work that is being produced in a days time. Jointly it mounts up to volumes of written word that so many are missing. Our hearts and souls are being poured out to the world and so many are missing the point. I am so taken back by the ability that is out there. I cannot explain the degree of humility I feel to even be known by some of these people. These are quiet souls in so much pain who continue to climb the mountain and survive. How lucky we are to have some one say that they are mentoring one of us to a higher goal. I am so honored to say that many have helped me in so many ways to climb some awesome hills let alone mountains. New blogs are being formed every minute and none must be ignored....In every story a thought is captured forever. The pleasure of my life continues to be the ability to type a word and have it come up on the screen in front of me and excite me. I fight so for a quiet moment just to type and those minutes seem so far apart lately. I know the holidays require a lot a this attention as does everyone around me. My mother is rapidly slipping away and will soon not know me....My family doctor of thirty or more years slipped from her memory this past week with not a second glance behind her. She tells me everyday how terrible it is to loose your memory......I hope it is only a temporary loss......and then when you get to heaven you can smile and get them all back again. She doesn't seem angry about this loss but it causes her to hang on closer to me and I am not the most steadying force these days....So often I wonder who is the caregiver in her mind. She still insisted on washing the dishes last night though I knew that after she went to bed I would go back in the kitchen and rewash them and put them away. She never saw what was left behind. I see what my mother is going through and know that my time will come soon. I try to not worry when she asks me what was that behind that house up the road? It's a huge red barn that has been visible out that basement window for thirty years are more and what is that little speck in the sky that she watches and it never goes away? My son told her it was a satellite and it might be the Russians monitoring our every movement when we got in the car. She seem to ponder that thought and store it away. When we left to go home. She ask Matt if we needed to let the Russians know we were headed home as he turned on his monitor and she watched it intently. She'll lay in by that window tonight and watch that star or satellite and I am sure the questions will all be there with no answers to follow.... While I was in Ohio visiting Dixie, I bought a tee shirt that says quietly "I think I can, I think I can" and then for Christmas my daughter in law gave me a tiny little glass train.....and on the card it said:
YES YOU CAN No matter what the task maybe be, How hard the course you face Believe that you have what it takes To run life's toughest race.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger