Tuesday, May 13, 2008

ME TOO JACK.......

....I went to one of my favorite places tonight and a very special friend had left a poem behind for me to read. Ordinarily I would have said, "Thats nice," and went on to something else but as true friends often do, he caught me off guard and this is the result: Jack is a very intelligent, well educated man and his emotions run very deep, yet he has the aura of simplicity amidst extreme turmoil. His question was "If only I was content with how things are" and it set forth such a flood of emotion within me, Just two words had caught me at one of those rare moments when I knew just exactly what he was saying and my answer was,"me Too Jack!" I went to my granddaughters track meet today, no big thing for most but you either sit or stand at these events and since standing was out of the question, sit I must in the bleachers. They motioned me on and I took a deep breath and grabbed an arm and made it up to the seventh row only to sit there the whole time and wonder how I would get back down. When the time came I had someone on each side and we very cautiously went back down the stairs while all around me I could hear the thought,"Gosh, She's gotten worse." and you know, Jack, she has. You never know when you start into one of these moods if it will be a free fall or just a stumble. But for the first time I envied those that walked normal. I could feel every step those runners took and I wanted to run too. I wanted youth and all it's unabandoned freedom. I did not want the responsibility of this disease. I wanted to fly. I can only hope that when my time comes my Lord let's me fly....Oh, how I'd love to fly....Thanks for coming back Jack...........

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger