Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I will be better today....

People who know me know that I am a night person and late at night or very early in the morning I read poetry and one of my favorite poets is Helen Lowrie Marshall. Needing a little cheering, I turned to her this morning and this is what she had to say: BEYOND MEASURE How can one measure friendships.. the firm, warm clasp of a hand The comfort found in the welcome sound Of the words, "I understand?" How can one measure courage... the strength we find to fight, To suffer life's anxieties, To stand up for the right How can one measure beauty, hope, Or happiness, or love? What man made measure can encompass Faith in God above? So much of life...the best of life... The things we truely treasure, Are these, the gifts of boundless depth Beyond all earthly measure. H. L. Marshall ...And so after passing this on, my mood has definately lightened and the prospect of a new and better day looks very good.....

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger