Monday, March 29, 2010

Can You Feel The Burn?

Poor" Coffee" has been left behind while I rambled and traveled on "Today With Pokie" almost daily. So much is going on and it's very hard for me to even keep my "to do " notes straight. This past weekend some of my family traveled to St.Louis for the Undy 5000 for Colon Cancer. My friend, Stacie Mishler, is the event director for the Colon Cancer Alliance and had invited me in to participate and met some of her friends......one in particular Gary Palumbo, , Palumbo Exhibit Designs, Inc. We went out to eat on Friday night and I give him all stars. What a sweet easy going guy and we talked and talked and talked. Imagine that with me around? There are some people I come in contact with, in this phase of my life, who I seem to have this unmistakable draw to. I have not seen Stacie since last years Unity Walk though we have been in constant contact. We picked up where we left off without a hitch. Gary never set in silence, he jumped right in and I can see what a wonderful work pair they must be for the Cancer Alliance. Thank you guys, Gary for the opportunity to meet you and, yes, I will call you in NYC, Stacie for being able to hug you and sit in the warmth of that fabulous smile and last but not least my daughter and her son my grandson Brendan. Heidi is forever taking care of mom I wish it were the other way around but it seems it has never been......but she had a great time! Brendan you pulled it off....Nine years old and at a five star restaurant with no hamburgers and he's starving. Sitting with three adults, talking about things way over his head for over TWO HOURS and he nailed it....He joined right in the conversation, tried all the food and ate his order and was the perfect gentleman....Can you tell grandma is proud? The next morning we were up early and it was cold and a mighty wind was blowing making it worse but we gathered up my old wheelchair and headed to Forest Park in St. Louis, Missouri and did the walk and really had a good time. We " Felt the Burn" love and thanks Pokie

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger