Thursday, December 18, 2008

Good Pennies from Heaven

When I first logged on to Patientslikeme.com their was a lady posting under the name Ukelady and it never crossed my mind that UK meant an instrument I though it meant living in the United Kingdom. In her profile picture she wore dark rim glasses and gave no hint of the very talented little old hippy that was dwelling within. She posted that she was going to be in the San Francisco Unity Walk and needed support. I read this and decided instantly that her and Btrflynana needed to meet so they could walk together and walk they did. Now the closest of friends and visiting all the time. In November I boarded a plan and flew to California to meet these two and what an amazing pair had formed. Marian would still put those glasses on but way down on her nose and look over them like a little kid who was getting caught at it. She's a tiny little thing with beautiful long hair and the things that go on in that brain. She refers to herself as a math geek.....She is actually a space engineer for Lockhead Martin. She does beautiful bead work and just recently designed the Tee Shirts and Hats for Team Patientslikeme . They are selling at cost on Cafe Press and are a work of art. Depicted on the shirt are two tulips. One is standing tall and the other is drooping, being held up by a thread(Internet thread). I just love it and hope she sell thousands......While I was in Californina, I had Marian sign a tee shirt I have traveled with all year and she did as Ukelady. This may be her last signature as Ukelady. Very soon after she changed her name to GoodPenny and it stuck.....I am so happy to see this little gal just grow into her potential. Marian has Parkinson's and is still going. Check out he blog...http://WalkingMyPathWithParkinsons.blogspot.com and please go to Cafe Press and check out the hats and shirts. I can guarantee you there is more to come...goodnight pokie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We so love our Goodpenny...all she brings to life...her wit, and free loving spirit and talent...Yes no doubt about it this gal has talent and she is so shy that she does not give herself the credit due...I could go on and on...Marian we are blessed to know you indeed...if it weren't for Pokie hooking us up I never would have even done the Marathon!

all of us friends not by mistake but by the intervention of the Lord for sure!
Hugs to you sweet Pokie!!

Joanie Butler said...

I agree, Marian is quite the treasure. Although I have not yet had the pleasure of meeting her in person I am learning more about her through interactions on many web sites that we travel in common. It is amazing to me how so many of us PLM people have formed lasting friendships through that one web site alone. And, my dear Pokie, I think that you are a really big driving force in that movement. You are such an encouragement to us all. Your tireless efforts on behalf of getting the word out about PLM and PD in general will net you many stars in your crown I'm sure.

Love ya!

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger