Friday, October 24, 2008

God Giveth and He Taketh Away

Gosh! this is just too funny . I just spent two hours telling the world how much pain I was in and really putting it out there so you would really know what it was to have Parkinson's Disease and then my funny friend, just took it away. that's right I finished and started proofing and it disappeared. So I will take that as a sign that God does not want me complaining so here's the other half of the story. The things that God has given me in the adversity of this disease. At one time I had to search high and low for twelve people to send a chain letter to and today maybe a 100 people grace my contacts book. I use to travel to town feeling so sorry for myself and now by the time I get to town the world is my apple and I'm ready to feast. I have a new support group and am traveling monthly to spend time with my dear friends. My mourning starts with people who sincerely care if I get out of bed or not and I care about them. Just today I have one friend, who her daughter is having a ninth birthday.(Faith Ann), One friend who may become a grandma today and is feeling very sick and may have to miss it. One friend who is riding high on passion and one friend who is preparing for a visit from me to help her celebrate her 77th birthday. Add to all that Christmas and Thanksgiving....I really don't spend much time on Parkinson's and I must say this, I have never been happier. One more thing, to my friend Nat. Thank you for your response to my email. You made the time from Oakland to Denver just fly! Your are an enchanting person and the way you ran past me yelling POKIE TOO< POKIE TOO at luggage claim and then disappeared was like a visit from an angel....thank you and I'll keep in touch...pokie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just want to say I love ya special lady! We are all so lucky that we have you in our life!! Hugs B'nana

Anonymous said...

What a true story-it is indeed amazing how you can expand your address book as you choose to get involved-and we are so glad you did!
Pokie for President!

Love
Nicole


bc87

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger