Thursday, September 25, 2008

Lasy Chance to Save

As I started to type this morning this ad popped up on the side of my computer and my crazy brain just took off running. A simple wheat penny has played such a huge part in my life in the past twenty years and a very long story could be written about those pennies and where they have turned up as a sign to me that God is always in control and to humble me to stoop and pick up that lowliest of coins and offer it back up to Him in recognition by saying, 'Thanks you, God, I hear you' No matter where I go or what kind of bad situation I am in I will always find a penny to lead me home to safety. God is always giving me one last chance to save.....someone. God's offering to me of this life style I am in, was so totally far fetched that even I was a Doubting Thomas, yet he always would bring me back to the fundamentals and show me just where I needed to be and when. This very may well be my last chance or anyone elses last chance to save and we need to get on with the program.....There are so many in need in this world today and it doesn't take a lot of money..just a kind word or a smile and someones day is made much better. Find the cheapest phone system you can get on and make it a point that people hear your voice and hear that you do indeed rejoice in life itself. We don't need a president to tell us that times are hard. People like you and me are getting poorer. Diseases are getting worse and medication is getting higher. Now you cannot even go to the hospital to get better because you can come out of the hospital with some thing worse than when you went in. Be careful and start taking care of yourself and your own. It will get worse before it gets better and we will all need each other just to get through. Our generation, the 50-60plus year olds, have only heard of the great depression and my teenage grandkids have no idea but as I watched the news last night the look on my moms face told the whole story. Her face was very sad and she said, 'Oh, Charlene do we have to go though that again?' Little does she know we are probably already there. Not to sound like I'm preaching, but could you take today and do something for someone who doesn't expect it? Could you pick up those pennies and save them for a rainy day? Could you step out of your comfort zone and listen to God and try something new? This could well be your last chance to save and make a difference....love pokie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So well said my sweet friend and so very true! Hugs B'nana

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger