Monday, May 5, 2008

Amazing Grace....

Has life always been so dramatic? Has every little detail of living always been so vivid and pronounced? It seems that every word has huge amounts of meaning to not just me but everyone around me. Nothing is left to chance and no stone left unturned. More friends encircle me than ever in my life, and I thank God for them because this disease is determined to be noticed. Today I venture out to the world of hospitals and labs and doctors...totally the world of the unknown. If you have a broken leg you get it fixed and life goes on but if you have Parkinson's Disease there is always the question of the interaction with the meds and the swelling. Nothing is simple and cut and dried. Then you add to that the fact that absolutely no one knows what this disease is. Each one of us suffers in his own way. Some have bouts with depression and others it remains all physical. Some can take the medication and some can't...and the names of these beasts, as if Parkinson's Disease was not bad enough, try this one Polymyalgia Rhumatica. Well here it is very early in the morning or very late at night whichever you prefer and I am suffering from something......whatever. But then along comes Amazing Grace to lift me up when I can no longer help myself and I'm off in a new direction in full view of the world. Hopefully with this visit to the unknown some one will discover something that works for me....Our disease seems to be the melting pot of all other diseases......but there is always that sad look in the other persons eyes and sometimes a tear as they tell you they are sorry. And I tell you "It's OK" and I really hope it is. This week it's time for change. I once more have to pull everything I have together to organize my surroundings and shake out the dust and let in the sunshine. My body says, " rest" and my mind says, " don't you dare!" My tomorrow is today and in that thought this poem will help me as will Amazing Grace.... Tomorrow does not stand apart, A shining, all new day; Tomorrow is a thing slow-built Of hours passed away. I's made of dreams your heart has stored, And dreams discarded too: It's made of all the joys and tears The years have brought to you. It's made of lessons you have learned, The friends you've known..the foes; As each of our Todays is bent, So our Tomorrow grows. It's made of sweat and toil and pain And song and love and laughter; Each minute of Today helps build The day that follows after. Tomorrow does not spring full-built With some new dawn's bright rays... Tomorrow is a slow -built thing Made up of yesterdays. H.L.Marshall

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger