Thursday, December 29, 2011

2012

I'm taking no risks this year when I usher in 2012. I'm crossing all the T's and dotting all the I's. The world is in bad enough shape without me forgetting something like black eyed peas New Year's Day and salt over the shoulder. If I had a "Blarney Stone", I would kiss it. Hopefully, by this time next year, I will be a lot lighter and have gained more movement and less pain in my arms.I have been told that if I can't see it I can't achieve it. I can both see AND taste it. Somewhere there has to be a way to stop the progression of this disease.....with every taste of success, it takes something new away. It's rather like a spoiled little kid at play saying, "If you don't play my way I will go home." I would love to say to the bully, "Go on home, I don't like you anyway." but I just would view that as giving up and something deep inside me will not let me do that. Sometimes I feel a rush of total fear when I step off a curb and my ankles pop or feel stiff. I almost scream this prayer..."Please Lord not them,too"..After both knees and one hip and now the shoulders....I am I am running out of doctors who believe I will recover. The eye opener this year was when a surgeon told me he just wouldn't try it because he didn't believe he could increase my range of movement that much...Does he not realize that anything is better than nothing? I watched a lady on Dr.Oz say she would like to die because she could no longer lift her arms and she was in a wheelchair. Well my surgery is the last of March and I BELIEVE even though the thought of recovery time makes me sick at my stomach. I look at it this way, though. If God hadn't wanted me to try it, He would not have presented it to me.....This has turned into something far more serious than I wanted. I KNOW that 2012 will be an eye opener and a cure will be closer than ever before. Years ago there was no such thing as a reverse cup shoulder replacement. Now that is the thing for PD patients...so off I go to "meet the wizard, the wonderful wizard of OZ" Have a wonderful New Year and may you be ever so blessed in many ways and please don't forget to give thanks to your creator...love ya....Pokie

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger