Saturday, June 19, 2010

It's a Beautiful Day in Illinois

Saturday it is and one more day and it is rest day but one more day and my grandson Ayden will be two. The day he was born I could barely lift my arms to hold him and now we romp and play in my power chair. He is the youngest of my grandchildren and the only one to have never known me without a limp or obviously suffering pain but he handles it as only he can. Last week, out of the clear blue sky he lifted my feet and put them on the foot rest on my chair as he sat and looked up at me and smiled. Somehow at his early age he knows. I had started out to write about the past and as the words hit the page I realized nothing is about the past anymore....it is all about the future. If that future be one hour or one day, one year or a decade , why not cram every happy thing you can in to it and enjoy? Why dwell on what was? We as a society and we as a community of Parkinson's patients experience loss daily. There is no happiness in loss......SO..... stop look around you for a bright color , a ray of light, someone giggling and go in that direction instead of backwards. I have been thinking it over and my thoughts are to live the remainder of my life as simply and childlike as I can. I think my grandson has cornered the market and getting just what he needs to live on and be healthy. He lives not in excess or hate and showers love where ever he goes and so on this almost Father's Day I'm going to say, "Thank you Matt for giving me the gift of your son , my grandson Ayden," and "Thank you for all the years of laughter and joy you have brought into my life........always Mom

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger