Wednesday, October 21, 2009

THE KITTEN



THE KITTEN

God brought me his kitten on the fourth of July,
No bigger than a minute, a baby, oh, my!
He was quite homeless,no mom or no dad.
In need of some lovin' and a place to lay his head.

I held him and bathed him and gave him my heart.
I named him my Bougar and we had a start.
He bites, and he cuddles and knows only me.
I am his mom now, forever to be.

Thank you my God for this pleasure to receive.
I love him.... he loves me and life's much easier you see.
When pain and tears crash into this life,
There is my Bougar to make it all right.

Those long legs reach up to touch me and he seems to say,
"It's alright, mom, take a deep breath and believe.
Just say a slight prayer, and shut those tired eyes.
Your Lord is with you to see you through the night."


No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger