Friday, February 6, 2009

Today is Thursday

Today is Thursday. The day before the weekend. The time when all the areas of my life come together in total confusion for two days of listening , laughing and savoring all things around me. My family, as all do these days, are so busy with games and school events. Cell phones and texting have taken over the face to face conversation and all things seem to be lost in cyberspace only to be retrieved if you could remember the right password. What kind of mood was I in when I ventured into a conversation with a fifteen year old, only to find out that I was the last thing on the plant earth she was paying attention to. How about the eight year old who gets your attention by telling a story that starts out "Gramma Nee Nay". Right there he has me and I'm listening and he makes up some wild story and I believe every word. So tickled someone actually has singled me out to talk to I pass the story on....only to see him standing in the corner grinning as I realize he made it all up. There is one trying to impress the other and little fingers and hands are just flying in search of the perfect treasure that I have stashed away for them to see at a later time. And then there is my "little Jesus"Precious little guy, just seven months old, who follows you with those huge blue eyes as the curls fall in ringlets around his face. You see the perfect cherub starting at every move you make. He pulls you in just like a magnet and begs you to pick him up, without a word being spoken. The kids pile in on the floor around him and he grabs their faces and gives them kisses and pulls their hair while Gramma Nee Nay watches from the side lines and knows "Life is Still So Good"

No comments:

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger